Sunday 12 May 2013

Little Flo's Letter

A sweet little baby brother 
has come to live with Flo 
She wanted him brought to the table 
So he could eat and grow 
You must wait for a while, said grandma 
In answer to her plea 
For a dear little thing that has no teeth 
Can't eat like you and me 
Why hasn't he got teeth grandma?
Asked Flo in great surprise 
Oh my, but isn't it funny 
No teeth but nose and eyes 
That afternoon to a corner 
With paper, pen and ink 
Went Flo saying 
Don't talk to me 
Or you'll disturb my think 
I'm writing a letter grandma 
And it's got to go tonight 
And because it's very important 
I want to get it right 
At last, the letter was finished, a beautiful sight to see 
Directed up to Heaven, then Flo read it to me:
Dear God, 
The baby you sent us is very nice and sweet, 
but because you forgot his toofies 
the poor little thing can't eat. 
That's why I'm writing this letter, 
on purpose to let you know, 
please come and finish our baby 
That's all, from little Flo

1 comment: